- Age between 18 – 25 years.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
- Prior Leadership Experience in Event Management at School/College Level
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Inclined towards mentorship and teaching in order to improve the knowledge and professional abilities of others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively problem solve, exercise good judgment and lead change.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to flexibly share leadership and build consensus.
- Ability to take initiative and take difficult decisions when necessary.
Recruitment Policy Highlights
- We are an equal opportunity organization and firmly believe in diversity.
- We recruit exceptional people with outstanding capabilities, unfaltering values, and great potential.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All the positions are tenured, part-time, voluntary and unpaid.
- Monthly performance review will be conducted to evaluate your contribution and suitability for the organization.
Send your CV and SOP at firstname.lastname@example.org
30th October, 2016
Model Indian Governance (MIG) is a trailblazing initiative which replicates the Indian Parliament, its working and proceedings. It simulates committees in the Ministries, Planning Commission and regional bodies under which participants act as delegates to discuss and debate pressing national issues.
We don’t wish our endeavor to be meteoric, but expect it become a cult- a National Movement occurring year after year. It is in this regard that we invite you to be a part of this ‘Indian Renaissance‘.
MIG laid its roots in 1st International Youth Forum for Policy, Change and Development 2012 as a sub-event and witnessed 100 potential delegates speaking on policy issues, discussing the framework and ultimately leading to youth awareness. It was formed to promote sustainability of knowledge in the areas of policy design and framework by enriching and inculcating acumen for policy design and debate inside contemporary generation.
Our previous conferences have hosted guest speakers like Shri Manohar Parikkar, Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal, and Shri Rajendra Agarwal.
Model Indian Governance has been initiated by a resolute set of values and goals that we have imbibed firmly as our vision in an effort to bolster our progressive journey towards holistic development of the individual and the society because we believe that ‘youth can make better policies for the development of our country’.
We place our faith in the latent worth of bringing together diverse groups of scholars, across varied cultures, principles and vast geographical boundaries of this motherland, to provide an all-encompassing platform to facilitate meaningful dialogue on wide ranging concerns that affect every group equally severely but in different manifestations.
We are guided by our aspiration to democratize pragmatically the notion of a Model Indian Governance, not only to ensure that the concept benefits an increasing number of Parliamentarians across the country, but to engage the youngest group of society which wants to get involved in the Parliamentary Process in the collective process of strategic policy and consensus building, with the aim of galvanizing the process of conflict resolution and policy making through novel ideas and suggestions.
We strive to foster the virtues of leadership, tolerance, team work, negotiation and parliamentary competence in all witnesses to our herculean enterprise with our incessant and enthusiastic dedication to the said cause, which we believe, shall ultimately bear fruit not only as a vehicle of personal development but as an epiphany to the future generation of national leaders and harbingers of change in a world plagued by the misgivings of our ancestors. Our ultimate motto is to provide a stage for the youth of India, where they can not only understand the practical problems, which our law making body faces while enacting the policies, but also find out better solutions of those problems.
We find inspiration in contemplation of the possibility of increase in youth representatives, and we move ahead with affirmative anticipation that participation in genuine political scenarios and real time negotiation by youth of India who today, represent tomorrow will aid the understanding and progress towards the parliamentary process of this wonderful country.