About Uttar Pradesh Chhatra Sansad (UPCS)
Uttar Pradesh was the centre stage of most of the nationalist activities. Participation of state’s youth has been commendable in this regard. Uttar Pradesh Chhatra sansad is a platform to the youth to raise their concern on contemporary issues, make deliberate efforts to bring the change and explore their leadership potentials. Working presently in Banaras Hindu University, it aims to mobilize youth at state level to engross state centric issues and debates, in the larger interest of the nation.
The UPCS is initiated with the aim to encourage the youth to embrace to public life, thereby strengthening the democratic fabric of the nation. serving as an immediate platform, this will assist to establish a movement of thoughts and ideas amongst the youth. UPCS aims to raise the sensitivity, awareness, involvement, responsiveness developing in the healthy democratic system.
As a new initiative UPCS in its very first time has planned to organise the All India essay Competition which aims to spread awareness to students across state and country about the prominent issues. There is an urgent need of awareness in some of the issues by way of formalizing and implementing different robust policies
INDIA AS AN EMERGING POWER
एक उभरती हुई शक्ति के रूप में भारत
The competition is open for all students studying in any of the recognised university across the country.
- The topic of AASHULEKH’16 is “India as an Emerging Power” or “एक उभरती हुई शक्ति के रूप में भारत”.
- Participant may submit essay in Hindi or English language. One participant can participate only in one language.
- The word limit is 1500-2000 words including endnotes. Footnotes are allowed.
- The font style for English will be Times New Roman and the font size will be 12 and for Hindi it will be Kurti Dev 010 and the font size will be 14.
- Essay has to be original. It should be not be published earlier or further extracted from other sources. The instance of Plagiarism will result in further disqualification.
- Participants are required to submit the following details along with their entry (as an annexure to the essay):
Details of the course currently being pursued
Contact details (including phone number and email address)
Kindly attach scanned image of your College ID card with the mail
The entries must be mailed to [email protected].
The Deadline for the submission of the essay is 25th December,2016.
The result will be declared in 45 days from last date of submission.
Best three prizes as essays as decided by a board of jury will be awarded certificates of merit with cash prizes of Rs.2500/-, Rs.1500/- and Rs.1000/- respectively for 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners. Certificates will be given to top 20 essays decided by the jury.
Saransh Chaturvedi- +91-9044932953
Shruti Jain- +91-7080907407
Mail us at [email protected].
EVENT BROCHURE Click Here