Legal Desire is organising One Day Workshop on “Product Labeling and Mandatory Declarations on E-commerce under Food and Metrology Laws”. This one day workshop is designed to provide detail information on the various mandatory requirements for labeling of food, non-food product and web-portal of E-commerce companies as per the mandate of Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 as well as Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
Date: 10th Dec, 2017 (Sunday)
Timings: 10:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Place: New Delhi, India
After attending this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand all the mandatory requirements for labeling of various food, non-food product and E-commerce portal.
- Identify whether mandatory requirements on a particular label and E-commerce portal are in conformance with the applicable laws and rules.
- Develop, review and suggest correction on a label of food, non-food product and E-commerce portal.
- Identify and rectify any misleading information, false statement/claim made on the label.
- Defend any false allegation regarding misbranding, misleading and non-conformance in the product label and E-commerce portal.
- Introduction and overview.
- Labeling enforcement in India, laws & rules that govern labeling of food and non-food product, different enforcement agencies, how it is enforced.
- General requirements of E-commerce, registration of E-commerce FBO, supply chain compliances, product listing and information, handling of consumer complaints.
- General requirements of labeling, labeling of pre-package commodities, labeling of retail package, wholesale/multi-piece packages, value package, small packages, exemptions, manner of declarations, location, size, font, colours, principal display panel,
- Offence by companies, nominations, compounding of offences, fines and penalties, adjudication for “misbranded” food, criminal prosecutions, judgement of high court and Supreme Court of India.
- Q & A.
Trainer: – Experienced industry professional from top companies having work experience in Food/FMCG/Manufacturing/E-comm
- Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
- Food Safety and Standards (Packaging & Labeling) Regulation, 2011.
- FSSAI Guidelines for operation E-commerce FBO.
- Legal Metrology Act, 2009.
- Legal Metrology (Package Commodities) Rules, 2011.
- Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2017.
- Judgements of High Court and Supreme Court of India.
Certificate of Participation and Study material will be provided to the every participant.
(Includes Lunch and Delegate Kit)
To Register online Click Here or
Paytm the required amount to +91-9639010553 and send an email to [email protected] with payment details and contact info of participant.
Contact: 9899900073, 7042861776 or email to [email protected]