Indian National Bar Association (INBA) has successfully organized International academic tours to Washington, New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and London. It gives us an immense pleasure to plan our next chapter of the International tour in Europe and International Call for Paper. In this Tour, we will be covering Scandinavian countries.
Indian National Bar Association selects 25 students from all over India on the basis of their academic performance, extra-curricular activities, interests, etc. The object of the INBA’s International Academic tour is to provide the students an exposure to their further legal careers in terms of studies, working of law firms, governmental and international bodies and the legal aspect of the trade and commerce machinery.
Purpose of the Tour:
This tour has been planned to provide law students an overview of Legal Education & Practice in Europe.
Benefits of the tour:
- Visit to the International Court of Justice and its other branches.
- Visit to the top law colleges in Europe
- Visit to the Swedish Arbitration Centers
- Visit to the Swedish Parliament
- Visit to the Swedish Chamber of commerce
- Visit to the Sweden Indian Business Council and more.
- Visit to Mittland Trade & Commerce, Sweden
This International Tour will help in getting the students scholarship for admissions in the top universities and internships in the law firms in Europe. This will also help students in making contacts with the international lawyers and jurists during the visits. The International Academic Tour is between 1st June 2019 to 7th June 2019.
Indian National Bar Association is India’s fastest growing voluntary Bar Association. It serves the Indian Legal Community through programs designed to educate and connect members, who are interested in improving the administration of justice and bettering Indian society. Presently it has approximately more than 10,000 registered members from different part of India and world.
The Indian National Bar Association (INBA) is incorporated as a non-profit, non-political, non-Governmental Association endeavouring to –
- Act as premier body representing the interest of Indian Legal Community & to strive to provide several economic & social benefits that should accrue to them;
- To act as a think tank for legal industry
- Reform the Indian Legal Systems leading to effective & quick justice for everyone;
- Reform the Indian Governmental bureaucratic rules & regulations (red-tape) and the Legal Systems, leading to nation’s economic and business growth;
INBA has global reach and membership. It is constituted by Leading Advocates, Attorneys, Eminent Judges, Multinational Corporate & Businesses, Law Firms, Legal Fraternity and Professionals, Senior Government Officials, Law Students and Professors, NGOs, Litigants, Law Publishers and Vendors, Groups, Associations, and Individuals who are interested to promoting the goals and objectives of the Association. INBA achieves its goals by providing opportunities for legal education, seminars, camaraderie & networking, Pro-bono Work, Public Interest Litigations and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the Indian legal & justice systems. INBA enjoys strong and productive relationship with Indian Government and Judiciary.
About Section for Law Students, INBA:
Section for Law Students draws on its rich cultural diversity to offer students a distinctive membership experience, which bridges the gap between disparate legal jurisdictions.
Section for Law Students is a very recent addition to the vast INBA network of Sections and as many of its members will undoubtedly be the future leaders of the legal profession, therefore its importance cannot be overstated.
Section for Law Students is governed by an Executive Committee, which comprises a team of dedicated law students, whose unflagging efforts in organising projects which enrich the career of law students in India. The Executive Committee is assisted by Campus Ambassadors, other INBA Sections and INBA core team, whose indefatigable efforts and unwavering support has ensured that Section for Law Students has grown by leaps and bounds since its inception in 2014.
Registration form: Click here (https://goo.gl/forms/wwDZkVo1vdO4UR6l1)
- Online application (Deadline: 25th March 2019)
- Notification of application status to all candidates (26th March 2019)
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (27th March 2019)
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (28th March 2019)
For any detailed information kindly visit Indian National Bar Association’s official website . (https://indianbarassociation.org/)
Note: Please read the terms and conditions before applying
Maximum number of students to be selected – 25
- Students of 2nd, 3rd, 4th Year & 5th Year from Five Year integrated LL.B Courses and Students of 2nd and 3rd Year from Three Year LL.B course are eligible.
- Should be proficient in speaking and understanding English.
- Must have received a Non Objection Certificate from his/her college for the tour.
- Must have consent from parents and an undertaking duly signed by them.
- Must have an Indian Passport with validity up to 2 years.
- To and fro economy class air travel as mentioned in the itinerary
- Baggage Allowance as per the airline policy
- To and fro Airport Transfers
- Lectures by law School Faculty on different topics
- Certificate of completion by INBA
- Visit to Courts of Sweden
- Visit to Sweden Parliament
- Visit to Commonwealth Headquarters
- Visit to Law Colleges/Universities in Europe
- Visit to the tourist spots of Europe
- Visit to Law Firm Offices in Sweden
- Visit to Bar Associations office
- Accommodation & Food during the tour
- Visa Fees
- Any Increase in Airfare, Visa Fees, Airport Taxes, Govt. Taxes, Fuel Surcharges and any of new Taxes from Government.
- Cost of Air ticket deviation charges.
- Any increase in the rate of exchange leading to an increase in all arrangements which may come in to effect prior to departure.
- Cost of pre or post tour hotel accommodation & sim card (and calls made during the tour).
- Any extra cost incurred on behalf of an individual due to illness , accident, hospitalization, or any personal emergency or any medical insurance
- Any service or activity charges (including entrance fees) other than those included in the itinerary
- To and fro Air Fare, Airport Transfers, Visa fees to join/leave the group and Airport snack hamper for joining and leaving guests.
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the ‘inclusions’ column.
Cost & Payment:
- The total cost of the tour is INR 2,20,000
- 10% discount for INBA Members
- To confirm their participation for the tour , one has to pay upfront initial reservation charges of INR 50,000 .
- Last Date to make remaining amount is 5th April, 2019
Documents required after selection:
- Filled up registration form (will be provided by INBA)
- Non objection certificate from college/university
- Duly signed Consent Letter & Undertaking from Parents/Guardians (Drafted undertaking will be provided by INBA)
- Scanned Copy of Passport (First & Last Page)
Things to carry/email at the time of booking:
- Xerox copy of FIRST and LAST page of passport, with validity for minimum 2 years from the date of arrival at the destination (of all the guests who are travelling).
- Xerox copy of VISA
- Registration / Full Payment or Proof of Payment. (As Applicable)
- College ID card
Note: Original documents can be asked if required
Awarding of Certificate:
Certificate of completion will be awarded to the student only after the submission of report by him/her based on what he/she has learned from the academic tour.
- For detailed information about weather kindly visit www.accuweather.com
- Original Passport with minimum 2 years validity from the date of tour arrival along with sufficient blank pages for the stamping of visa. Handwritten passport is not acceptable
- A valid conference VISA for the duration of tour (VISA letters will be provided by INBA)
Things to carry along on the tour:
- Mobile phone with appropriate sim card or international roaming.
- If you are on any medication, carry sufficient stock of medicines with prescription.
- Along with your necessary clothing and toiletries please carry lotions, hand sanitizer, camera etc. and woollens.
- For the smooth VISA application, the VISA will be applied in group in the New Delhi.
- Student has to visit the consulate for personal interview which is mandatory on his/her own expenses.
- Indian National Bar Association shall provide Invitation Letters, Flight details and other necessary details after receipt of full payment to ease the Visa Process.
- On receipt of the required document, you are required to complete all Visa formalities as per the Europe Immigration Department.
- Indian National Bar Association bears no liability in case of VISA being denied.
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, Delhi will be the only port of departure, and rights are reserved for Airline Selection.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- If a student cancels his/her Participation for the tour no amount will be refunded (except in the case of Visa Refusal)
- Air tickets issued on group fares are not refundable and guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the guest will be paid after INBA receives refund from the respective service providers.
For more details,
Puneet Kumar Arya(+919811992072),
Email ID: [email protected]
Office : 8/11 FF, Jungpura Extension | New Delhi – 110014| India
Phone No.: 011-49036141