About MVN University
MVN University, located on NH2, Delhi-Agra National highway, Delhi NCR Region, Haryana, India, is a private university. It was established in 2012 by State Legislature under Haryana Private Universities Act 32 of 2006.
About the moot
MVN University (MVN), School of Law, Palwal is gearing up to organize First Justice P N Bhagwati National Moot Court Competition, 2019, in its campus, Palwal, Haryana on 11th and 12th of October (Friday & Saturday), 2019.
The Competition seeks to promote interest in the area of Law by especially focusing on Right to Life, Gender Discrimination, Writ petition and convergence of the same into civil and criminal law and other laws. The competition will indeed be an
The competition is open to all students enrolled in bona fide regularly as full-time learners in Undergraduate Law Programme (3 Year/5 Year) or its equivalent Law degree conducted by any recognized institution/College/University operative in/outside India.
Eligibility for becoming a team member:
Any person may become a team member
- If he/she is pursuing a Law Graduation Degree Course.
- If he/she has formally applied to compete on behalf of the institution under which he/she is enrolled as a full-time regular student.
Each team shall comprise of three members. A team comprising of only two members, both of them to be designated as speakers, may be allowed by Moot Court Committee (MCC) if there exists an exceptional situation. A team comprising of three members, at least one member must be designated as a Moot Researcher.
Any additional person accompanied by team/team Coach/Escort shall not formally be admitted except under any extraordinary situation provided that his presence was previously informed and duly approved by MCC. Each so approved person has to deposit Rs 1000 per day for accommodation and hospitality costs.
Team size and other information
- Each team shall comprise of 3 members.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated in each team. Teams shall declare all speakers and researcher at the time when they file nominations for registration.
- Each team will be assigned a specific code and each participant shall be given an individual code.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity nor of their institution. Any disclosure in nature mentioned above may invite penalties including disqualification. It stands within the competence of MCC to initiate any disciplinary action against any participant or to do anything to redress any grievance related to competition and participation therein.
Academic Block-3, School of Law, MVN, Palwal, Delhi NCR Region, Haryana, India
Registration Procedure and Fee Details
The Fee prescribed for registration of each team is INR 3000/.
Teams may confirm their participation by applying and submitting prescribed fee Rs 3000/- online here or by sending a demand draft of Rs. 3000/- in favor of MVN University and payable at N.I.T. Faridabad Branch of Punjab National Bank mentioning the following details:
- Name of Account: MVN UNIVERSITY
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Bank Branch: Punjab National Bank, N.I.T. Faridabad
- IFSC Code :PUNB00101273059
- Account Number: 0167000101273059
For account-related query, Please contact Mr. Ravi 9996189102
A Scanned copy of Demand Draft, Registration form, Authority Letter, Accommodation Request, and Travel Plan should be sent on the Email address: mootsociety[at]mvn.edu.in.However, this does not confirm the registration until all the before-mentioned documents in the original are received by the MVN.
Envelope super scribed with subject JUSTICE P.N.BHAGWATINATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION2019 and containing duly filled in application form, original copy of memorial, demand draft, Authority Letter (Enclosed under part A, Annex. I) and request letter for accommodation and travel Plan (Appended under Part A, Annex II) must reach to “Dr. Annu Bahl Mehra, School of Law, MVN University, 74th Km stone NH-2 Delhi Agra Highway Palwal, Haryana 121105” by speed post/registered post on or before 27th September 2019.
Soft print of all the above- mentioned documents including Demand Draft shall also be sent to mootsociety[at]mvn.edu.in marked with subject JUSTICE P.N.BHAGWATINATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2019 on or before 20th September 2019.
- 15th June 2019: Release of Moot Problem, Invitation and Rules
- 20th September 2019: Last Date for submission of the registration form along with a scanned copy of Demand Draft(via-a-email).
- 24th September 2019: Last Date for registration with fine of Rs 200/- Last Date for Memorial Submission and Travel Plan (in soft copy)
- 27th September 2019 Last Date for submission of hard prints of Moot Memorials, Authority letter, Demand Drafts (original), Travel Plan and accommodation request letter
- 28th September 2019 Last Date of the approval of Teams by Moot Society MVN
- 11th October 2019 Inaugural Session, Draw of lots, Exchange of memorials and Preliminary and Quarter Finals respectively
- 12th October 2019 Semi-Final Round, Final Round and Valedictory Session