About the Course:
Centre for Consumer Law, National Law University Odisha (NLUO), in collaboration with Chair on Consumer Law & Practice, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru is proud to announce its Two-Day Certificate Course in “Consumer Justice in the Era of Globalization” on 2nd-3rd April, 2019. The Course shall be conducted by Prof. (Dr.) Ashok R. Patil, Chair Professor, Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, NLSIU, Bengaluru and Director, Online Consumer Mediation Centre (Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India) who specializes in Consumer Laws and has immense teaching and research expertise in Consumer Rights and Protection laws.
The Course is designed by the Experts keeping in mind the importance and applications of Consumer laws in a highly globalized market. The Centre through this Two-Day Certificate Course aims at deliberating upon the efficacy of Consumer justice. By the end of the course, the young and dynamic participants will have achieved the required understanding of the subject and a unique opportunity to explore and work towards the enhancement of the current consumer laws and practice. Informative lectures by faculty members, presentations, and exercises shall enable the participants to apply topics covered in this course in practical circumstances and shall also offer requisite guidance to them vis-à-vis their rights and obligations.
- Prof. (Dr.) Ashok R. Patil, Chair Professor, Chair of Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru & Director, Online Consumer Mediation Centre, Ministry of Consumer Affairs (Government of India).
- Prof. (Dr.) Srikrishna Deva Rao, Vice Chancellor, National Law University Odisha, Fulbright Scholar & Convenor, Consortium of NLUs.
- Prof. (Dr.) Anup Patnaik, Former S.P., DIG of Rangers and I.G. in State Police Headquarters, Former Addl. D.G.P., Director of Correctional Services (Prisons), Human Rights Protection Cell and Former Director, Vigilance, Former Chairman OPSC, Adjunct Professor (Law), NLU Odisha.
- Mr. Aditya Prakash Rao, Partner, PLR Chambers, New Delhi.
Themes for the course:
- Scrutinizing the role of Consumer Protection Bill, 2018 in redressing consumer grievances.
- Interplay between malpractice claims and medical negligence.
- Emerging role of ADR (Alternate Dispute Resolution) mechanisms in consumer protection.
- Evaluating the contractual interests of consumers in the cyberspace.
- Decoding the complex relationship of real estate regulatory authority and consumer protection.
Who can attend?
Students from any discipline, Academicians, Researchers, Legal practitioners, Civil Society Organizations, NGOs and others who support the cause of Consumer Justice in the 21st Century.
National Law University Odisha, Cuttack.
Rs. 1500/- (One Thousand Five Hundred only) per participant.
Number of Seats
Limited; Registration on first come first served basis.
For online registration and registration details click here.
Accommodation and TA/DA will not be provided to the participants. In case someone wants assistance with regard to accommodation arrangements, they can contact us.
The participants will be served with tea/coffee/lunch only in the respective breaks during the programme.
- Mr. Arham Siddiqui, Convener, Centre for Consumer Law:
- Ms. Kavya Lalchandani, Co-Convener, Centre for Consumer Law:
- In case of any other query, you may write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For brochure for the programme, click here.