The Symposium aims to reflect on the environmental policies and analyze their impact concerning the contemporary urban growth landscape of our country. The discussions and presentations will focus on the need to better the present legislative framework and to fill the prevalent policy gaps.
This Program will bring together students and professionals from diverse backgrounds, with a keen interest and experience in the field of Environment, Law and Public Policy. In the company of field experts, the participants will gain perspective about the existing policy landscape besides getting an opportunity to be a part of a high profile policy discourse.
The recommendations put forth by experts and participants will be collated into a Working Document on Urbanisation and Environmental Policies, and will be presented to the relevant ministries and stakeholders.
At the Symposium, selected participants will present their ideas on the theme of the Program in the form of a Policy Brief. A Book bearing an ISSN will be published, which will comprise Policy Briefs submitted by the participants.
Who will the participants get to engage with?
- Eminent Scholars working on environment protection and preservation policies.
- Professionals engaged in urban planning & settlement policies.
- Legal Professionals exposed to conflicts related to environment and urban spaces.
- Specialists in the field of Public Policy.
Participants’ Age Limit: 18 Years to 30 Years
Program Date: 28th September, 2019
Venue: New Delhi, India
Program Itinerary: Click here to access the itinerary.
Early Bird (valid till 15th August, 2019): INR 2000
For submitting the Policy Brief as a Single Author and for attending the event: INR 2500
For submitting the Policy Brief as Co-Authors and for attending the event: INR 2500 per participant
For submitting the Policy Brief as Co-Authors, but only one of the Authors will attend the event: INR 2500
Perquisites for the Participants:
- Connect with Professionals from Institutions, Organisations, NGOs and Think Tanks from across the Country.
- Learn from and network with Field Experts, Scholars and Eminent Personalities.
- Enhance exposure in the domain of Public Policy.
- Opportunity to present policy ideas to field experts.
- Publication in a Book bearing an ISSN.
Selection Process: Click here, to fill the form. We will make the selections on a rolling basis.
Last Date for Registration for attending the event: 20th September, 2019
For Participants interested in Policy Brief Publication and Presentation:
Last date for submitting the Abstract: 20th August, 2019.
The selected participants will be informed by 31st August, 2019.
Last Date for Policy Brief Submission: 10th September, 2019.
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact Number: +91-8448922751