Venue: Institute of Hazrat Mohammad (SAW), Dhaka, Bangladesh
About the Summer School
The Summer School will act as a platform for the delegates from various countries to come forward and learn about the protection and enforcement of Human Rights in their respective countries. The content for the school is developed by keeping in mind the needs and circumstances of different countries. The delegates will also get an opportunity to discuss the situation prevailing in their country and can at the same time suggest the appropriate solution to others.
About the Organizer
Institute of Hazrat Mohammad (SAW): The Institute of Hazrat Mohammad SAW is a research and advocacy think tank committed to peace and human development. Key focus areas of the Institute is human rights including rights of persons with disability, women empowerment, and social justice. The Institute possesses over 15 years of experience in working on human rights and women empowerment. It is accredited as a civil society at the World Bank and a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, the largest global sustainability initiative based on the Doctrine of Human Rights, Labour, Environment and Anti-corruption.
Knowledge Steez is an organization which has been actively involved in Human Rights campaigns in India as well as in some other countries like Nepal, Turkey, Romania, Nigeria, etc. Apart from conducting legal awareness workshops, conferences, social awareness campaigns, we are also doing some research projects on Human Rights. Our team comprises of experts in Human Rights who have the exposure of conditions prevailing in various countries and they will be the trainers for the Summer School.
Introduction to Human Rights and Course Overview
This module provides with the overview of core concepts of Human Rights. It then moves onto covering various issues in the contemporary global human rights agenda, such as migration, terrorism, anti-corruption, intellectual property, the environment, and the rights of women and children.
- Various aspects of Human Rights: Human Rights’ relation with other Disciplines Human Rights and Development Human Rights and the International System Human Rights and International Law Development Theories and their Implications for Human Rights
- State Actors and Non- State Actors State Duty to Protect Human Rights
- The Corporate Responsibility to Respect Human Rights
- Victims’ Access to Remedy
- Societal Problems
- Poverty, underdevelopment and illiteracy
- Women, children and the disadvantaged groups
- Contemporary Issues and New Borns
- A Discussion on Liability of Corporations for Human Right Violations
- Business and Human Rights
- Climate Refugees – A Discussion
- Freedom of expression and public protest
- Human rights and democracy
- Human Rights of Accused
- Other such topics
Who Can Participate?
Students, professors, faculty members, Human Rights activists and anyone who is interested in learning about Human Rights.
- Accommodation will not be provided to all the participants. Only those who opt for accommodation will be provided with accommodation.
- The organisers will only provide a letter for VISA purposes. Apart from this, the organisers will not take any responsibility for VISA of the participant.
- Accommodation will be provided on twin sharing basis.
- The registration fee will not include transportation ( local/ international).
- It is advisable for the participants to have a health insurance policy.
- Delegates from Bangladesh: 10,000 Taka
- Delegates from Bangladesh (with accommodation): 15,000 Taka
- International Delegates (without accommodation): 15,000 Taka
- International Delegates (with accommodation): 20,000 Taka
All those who are interested in attending the Summer School, are requested to fill up the form http://(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9KezBnnIItIi DbWH6CiY4AKUlfcXoq1vZoL0XwmzEcAGGuA/viewform? c=0&w=1)
After assessment of all the forms received, the selected participants will be sent a mail regarding payment details and other important information. The participants are then required to make the payment of registration fee within the stipulated time period.
Last Date for Payment and Registration: 10 June 2018
Intimation: within 2-3 days
Mail ID: [email protected]
Phone No.: 8802 55035663, 55035662, 55035664
Barrister Rizwana Yusuf: +8801713015403
Barrister Reazul Karim: +8801713005300
Ms Tanim Laila:+8801711504543