ABOUT LEGGE RHYTHMS
Legge Rhythms Media and Publication is a One Stop Destination for Law Students.
Legge Rhythms was conceptualized, conceived, created and is being administered by its Founder Litson K Stephen and the Co-Founder Devika Gupta, both students of the Indore Institute of Law, to bring all aspects of Law under a single umbrella, and provide sundry services to the Law Students. The inspiration was derived from the ever growing need of the Law Students and was translated into actuality and reality by several of its programmes. Legge Rhythms offers Online Internships to the Law Students as Law News Reporters, Law Researchers, Case Analysts, Content Writers, Campus Ambassadors and Editors and conducts a variety of Events, inter alia, Seminars, MUNs and Debates.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
In 1923, Mr Basant Kumar Jaggi, of the landed gentry, set up a legal practice at Rawalpindi (now Islamabad in Pakistan). He practised in Poonch under a special licence from the then Maharaja of Kashmir, who recommended Mr Jaggi’s name as King’s Counsel. In 1927, he established a large practice at Lahore. In 1947, upon the partition of the Indian sub-continent, Mr Basant Kumar Jaggi shifted to Delhi, where he was eminently successful in his legal practice. Mr Basant Kumar Jaggi was the author of several law books including “The Motor Vehicles Act, 1939″, “The Motor Vehicle Rules,1940″, ” The Road Transport Corporation Act, 1944” and ” The Indian Petroleum Act,1934″. He was associated with the (British) Government of India before the promulgation of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1939. Later, after his demise in 1991, in his memory his son Mr. Navin Kumar Jaggi setup Jaggi Jaggi & Jaggi Attorneys in the year 2006.
The National Article Writing Competition, 2019 is being conducted to commemorate Late Mr. Basant Kumar Jaggi who practiced throughout his life with the atmost uprightedness, forefrightedness, integrity & moral ethical values.
The Competition will be held every year to uphold the values of practicing with the atmost integrity & diligence. He believed “LAW IS A NOBLE PROFESSION. THOU SHALT NOT EVER SOLICIT”. Throughout his practice Mr. Basant Kumar Jaggi would conduct 3 case out of every 10 cases gratus & would even expend the cost of legal expense of his pocket.
The Articles would undergo 3 stages of scrutinization. The Final Round Articles would be examined by Mr. Navin Kumar Jaggi, Advocate, Social Activist and Life Member, Supreme Court Bar Association.
THEME OF THE COMPETITION
“Contextualization of the Socio-Legal Realms”
The recens judicia pronounced by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India have widespread implications, leading to the usage of moeurs or realities as an accepted method of interpreting the Constitution and the sundry statutory provisions.
Jurisprudential Developments along these lines have necessitated a critical socio-legal analysis of judicial developments. The goal is to assess the methodology used and argue for or against the alleged overstepping of the Apex Court’s role under the scheme of separation of powers and the relevance of the interpretation or the policies laid down by the Supreme Court.
The sub-themes of the Article have been identified as requiring academic consideration in the Indian context are the following:
- Decriminalization of Section 377
- Quashing of Section 497
- Sabrimala Verdict
- Live Streaming of Court Hearing
- Reservation in promotion of SC/ST Government Employee
- Triple Talaq
- Ram Janambhoomi – Babri Masjid
- Online Dispute Resolution
- Constitutionality of Death Penalty
Or any other topic which closely, integrates influential judgments or jurisprudential development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the Competition, please fill your form on the link given below:
Registration Fee for the Competition – Rs. 100/- per author
Payment Gateway– Townscript
A/c Holders Name: Litson K Stephen
A/c Number: 0443053000001727
Branch Name: South Indian Bank, Indrapuri, Bhopal
IFSC Code: SIBL0000443
- The Competition is open for all Undergraduate; Post Graduate Law Students; Academicians and the Lawyers.
- The Article must contain an Abstract, Main Text and Conclusion accompanied by a Covering Letter.
- Only Original Articles will be accepted. Any kind of plagiarism would lead to the disqualification of the Participant. No part of the Article should have been published earlier, nor should it have been under consideration for publication in any contest elsewhere. None of the Organisers or Sponsors (Legge Rhythms, Inventive International Publishers nor Navin Kumar Jaggi & Associates, New Delhi) shall be responsible for any act of plagiarism.
- The Article must be authored only in the English Language.
- Word Limit- Not more than 3000 words (exclusive of Footnotes)
- The Article must be typewritten adhering to the submission norms as under:
- Headings – Font Size 16, BOLD
- Sub Headings- Font Size 14, BOLD ITALIC
- Content- Font Size 12, NORMAL
- Font- Times New Roman
- Line Spacing (main text)- 1.5
- Citation Format- 20th Ed. Of Blue Book Format
- Footnotes- Font Size 10, NORMAL
- Line Spacing (Footnotes)- 1.0
- Margins- 2” on each side
- Restrict strictly to the Footnotes. End notes are not permissible and would lead to deduction of marks. Foot notes must include a description of each Authority, adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the Authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Submissions should be made in both .DOC and .PDF format.
- Co-Authorship is permitted up to a maximum of 2 Authors.
- All the submissions are to be made on [email protected] with the following attachments:
- Article in Word and PDF format with subject of the mail – “Basant Kumar Jaggi National Article Writing Competition”.
- Name of Author(s) and Topic of the Article.
- Cover page containing Name of the Participant, Nationality, Address, E-mail, Contact Number and Name of College/ Institute/University with the Address and Semester.
- Any Identification Mark in any part of the article is liable for cancellation. Only the Participation Code should be mentioned.
- The Abstract should not be more than 250 words (exclusive of title and keywords).
- Copyright Form Click Here
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Creativity – Overall concept of Law, freshness of thought and the ability to capture the reader’s interest.
Originality – Originality of ideas, analytical ability and novelty of thought.
Language and presentation – form of expression, coherence of ideas and overall flow of the content, structure and presentation.
Layout– Facts and Figures supported by Conclusive Proofs, Legal Vista, Inferences and Deductions supported by Case Laws, and Reasons for the same.
Legge Rhythms expects you to have a very high standard of writing with grammatically correctly constructed sentences and an exceptional of not immaculate level of expression. The essay should also comply with the Nexus test.
DEADLINES OF THE COMPETITION
Registration and Payments – 25th January 2019
Abstract Submission – 31st January 2019
Article Submission – 20th February 2019
Result Announcements – 20th March 2019
1st Prize- Cash Prize of 11,000 Rs + Certificate + Medal + 1 Free Publication in an International Journal
2nd Prize- Cash Prize of 8,000 Rs + Certificate + Medal + 1 Free Publication in an International Journal
3rd Prize- Cash Prize of 5,000 Rs + Certificate + Medal + 1 Free Publication in an International Journal
Consolation Prizes- 2 Participants get 1 Free Publication in an International Journal
E- Certificates to be provided to all. Hard Copy Certificates can be availed through the payment of a nominal fee.
Litson K Stephen: +91-8435 983045
Devika Gupta: +91-97521 48181
Or mail us at: [email protected]
Legge Rhythms Media and Publications
Jaggi, Jaggi and Jaggi Associates, New Delhi
Inventive International Publishers
Libertatem Media Group
SOCIAL MEDIA PARTNERS