Knowledge Steez; South Ural State University, Russia; University of Maribor, Slovenia; Legal Studies Association, United States; Youth for Human Rights (NGO Partner)
Through this Conference, we aim to highlight the gap created between genders and how this gap in many ways violates Human Rights,
as a result of which there comes difficulties in providing Legal Aid. This International Conference on Human Rights and Gender Justice is organized with an aim to bring together academicians, students, human
rights activists, and other intellectuals on one platform to discuss the various issues concerning human rights and to discuss the measures to curb such issues.
Knowledge Steez has been actively organizing social awareness and legal aid workshops throughout the country and this conference will be the 4th edition of it. Through this conference we aim to provide the participants with an option to join us in our campaigns and hence the conference will not merely be limited to on-table discussions, rather it will provide various options to implement the discussions on the field.
Human rights are the basic rights and freedom that belong to every person in the world, from birth to death. They apply regardless of where you are from, what you believe, or how you choose to live your life. They can never be taken away, although they can sometimes be restricted – for example, if a person breaks the law, or in the interests of national security. But sadly due to the increasing number of gender inequality, and since these basic rights are based on shared values like dignity, fairness, equality, respect, and independence, there arises another problem of providing legal aid to
everyone. These values are defined and protected by law. This Conference aims to bring together innovative academics and industrial experts in these
fields to a common forum and also envision to deliberate on feasible approaches to the above-mentioned facets for better Development and
Implementation of future Laws and policies for the stakeholders.
- Human Rights of Women and Children
- Status of Indigenous People and Minorities with special reference to the violations of their Human Rights
- Human Rights and Terrorism
- Human Rights violation of Migrant Workers
- Human Rights of Aged and Disabled
- Human Rights violation faced by HIV/ AIDS Positive Tested people
- Violation of Human Rights as a result of Environment Deterioration
- Human Trafficking and Bride Trafficking
- Freedom, Justice, Peace, and Human Rights Today
- Women in Conflict, Refugee Crisis and Gender Justice
- Gender sensitivity of the justice delivery mechanisms
- State responsibility to protect gender discrimination
- Women’s property and inheritance rights
- Gender discrimination in marriage and divorce
- Gender-based violence
- Role of society in curbing gender injustice
- Gender injustice on social media
- Women’s representation and participation in politics/justice
- Challenges to legal aid for gender protection
- Challenges to legal protection of the third gender
- Role of NGO’s in advocacy for Human Rights
- Constitutional Rights and Safeguards Provided to the Vulnerable Groups in India
- Legal services for under-trial prisoners, women/child victim of trafficking, and juveniles in the juvenile justice system
- Role of NGO’s in advocacy for Human Rights
- Enforcement Mechanism and Protective Laws: National Perspective
- Constitutional Rights and Safeguards provided to the vulnerable groups in India
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and LGBTQ Rights
- Religion, Culture, and Human Dignity
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences: A SocioLegal Analysis with Special Reference to POCSO Act and Protection of Human Rights
- Covid and Challenges faced
Kindly note:- the above list is not exhaustive and the session
proposals can be on any title related to Human Rights.
- The session proposal shall not exceed 1200-1500 words.
- It should include the title, keywords, the presenter’s name, designation, institutional affiliation, mailing address, contact number and Email ID
- The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
- Kindly mention the title of the session proposal along with details of co-author (if any).
- The abstract shall be sent to [email protected] with the subject line“Abstract – International Conference”
- All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
- Last Date for submission of Session Proposal: 5th December, 2020
- Intimation of acceptance of Abstracts: 2-3 days
- Conference Date: 13th December 2020
Email: [email protected]
Convener: Ms. Mahak Rathee
Co- Convenor: Nishita Srivastava
Utkarsh Tripathi: +91-7607161818
Muskan Dosar:+91- 93050 24341
Click here for the Brochure