About the Organizer and Conference
Amity Law School, Gurugram proudly announces its two-day International Conference on the theme “Criminal Justice System: National and International Perspectives” which aims to provide a platform and bring together students, practitioners, academicians, researchers, media persons and other stakeholders to put forward their research and develop a better understanding on a wide range of sub-themes.
Venue: Amity Law School, Amity University, Haryana
The Indian Criminal Justice System, along with most Criminal Justice Systems, focuses on establishing the offender’s guilt and punishing the offender in the name of justice, fairness, deterrence and safety. However, this viewpoint has been considered by many Criminologists and Jurists as being too narrow.
A Criminal Justice System, according to them, should be one which can resolve human conflict and restore peace and order. Deliverance of justice has seen a paradigm shift, from Punitive Justice to Restorative Justice.
In light of the above, this Conference has an objective to delve into, deliberate and generate awareness amongst students of varied disciplines and the legal luminaries through criminal and correctional legal mechanisms, its impact and implications on the marginalized community and to discuss reforms that can be brought to improve the Criminal Justice System and International Criminal Justice System in future.
Criminal Justice System: National and International Perspective
Theme 1: Criminal Justice Administration
Theme 2: Reforms in Criminal Law on the touchstone of Constitutional Provisions
Theme 3: Human rights in the context of Criminal Justice
Theme 4: Efficacy of the Criminal Justice System to curb Corporate Crimes
Call for Papers
Amity Law School, Gurugram cordially invites Articles and Research Papers on the Theme and Sub-Themes from academicians, researchers, advocates, students pursuing law or any other academic degree as well as stakeholders in this sector to contribute towards shaping the International Conference by their submissions.
All submitted Conference Papers would be peer-reviewed by Review Committee and the selected papers would be published in a UGC Indexed Law Journal.
Submission Registration and Application Details
To register, click here.
- The participants are required to fill the Pre-Registration Form before sending the Abstract.
- Each participant should register individually.
- After selection of Abstract, participants have to fill the Registration Form (to be provided after selection) and send a scanned copy of the same to AUH at alsconference2019[at]gmail.com.
- The Registration shall be confirmed and communicated only after the receipt of the scanned copy of the duly filled Registration Form along with the payment of the Registration Fee.
- The soft copy of Registration Form and Paper should be submitted to alsconference2019[at]gmail.com. The subject of the e-mail must be “Submission for International Conference.”
- The language for the Paper and Conference shall be English.
- Co-authorship is allowed, subject to a limit of two Authors.
- In the case of Co-authorship, both the Authors are required to register individually.
- The maximum word limit for the Abstract is 300 words.
- Full Paper should not exceed 5000 words.
- Author(s), Name(s), University/Organization, Paper Title, E-mail ID, Mobile Number must be clearly stated on the cover page.
- Relevant Keywords are to be mentioned in Abstracts.
- All the papers are subject to strict plagiarism check and any unattributed work is liable to be rejected.
- Last Date for Pre-registration for Abstract submission: 15th September 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 30th September 2019
- Notification of Selection of Abstracts: 04th October 2019
- Last Date for Registration & Fee Payment: 20th October 2019
- Submission of Full Paper: 30th October 2019
- Date of Conference: 08th to 09th November 2019
- For Academicians, Researchers, Advocates etc. (Without Accommodation): Rs 2500
- For Academicians, Researchers, Advocates etc. (With Accommodation): Rs 3000
- For Students (With Accommodation): Rs 3000
- For Students (Without Accommodation): Rs 2000
- Foreign Nationals: For Academicians, Researchers, Advocates etc. $100 (USD)
- Foreign Nationals: Students: $70 (USD)
- For registration and Participation (In absentia): Rs 3000
Note: Hostel Accommodation inside the campus is compulsory for Foreign National Students and the same will be given to National Students on first come first serve basis.
Email ID: alsconference2019[at]gmail.com
Faculty Convener: Mr. Pranshul Pathak: +91-9717791230
Faculty Co-convener: Dr. Atul Jain: +91-8800264742
Organizing Secretary: Ms. Monica Yadav: +91-9810706394
Student Conveners: Manmay Mridul: +91-9560774877
Himanshu Saini: +91-9643540042
Student Co-Convener: Muskan Shrivastava: +91-9891505110